WELCOME

I would like to share testimonies about my personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. My Faith and Trust is 100% in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. With Him I am Really Living and Life Is Great.

INTRODUCTION AND PRAYER REQUESTS

Through God's leadership my sister Jan and I started an email outreach. Offering people a connection to family and friends by reaching out with prayer, love and support.

God has blessed the outreach. In 4 years it has grown from 6 to 210 people. Amen.

Anyone wishing to submit a prayer request or receive the outreach is welcome. Please send notification to:
faith_family_friends_outreach@yahoo.com

We are confidential and do not share email addresses.
Thank you and God Bless.

Also, for your reading pleasure you may be interested in visiting Jan's blog:
http://jelainejackson.blogspot.com/

ABOUT ME

My photo
Hernando, Florida, United States

"AM I GIVING YOU ENOUGH ROOM GOD" ?

All my life I heard people say, "God is my best friend." Or, "I have such a wonderful relationship with God and I feel so close to Him." And the hymn: In the Garden. The chorus is: And He walks with me, And He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own, And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other has ever known. I was clueless to what people meant by their comments. I always loved that song, but I did not understand it. After I asked God to forgive me for my sins and I was saved, I still had no idea what this was all about. I loved God and I knew He loved me. And I used to think, How is one to get this kind of feeling? Am I supposed to just think this way and imagine God is walking and talking to me. Am I supposed to try and hear Him telling me I am His own. And what's with the joy and us tarrying in this garden. And if none other has ever known this, then why are people going around telling and singing about it. I mentioned before, the fact that I have slow comprehension. Twenty three years and 5 months after I was saved, was how long it took me to get a grip on all this. I think it was a bit ridiculous on my part to take so long to get this understanding. In todays language a BIG, 'WELL-DA" would probably be the most appropriate response. GUESS WHAT. It was my turn to have this relationship with this friend. To feel all this closeness. And do all this walking, talking, hearing, tarrying and having joy that none other has ever known. Was I ready to experience all of this? YES SIREE. WAS I EVER READY. BRING IT ON LORD. 'CAUSE NOTHING ELSE AIN'T WORKING FOR ME. Salvation was GREAT all in itself. But, my cup was only half full. It could not runneth over as so stated in the 23rd. Psalm, verse 5. Why? Because all of those years I only had allowed God to forgive me for my sins and save my soul. I went all those years with only salvation and the fact that I was a Christian. Never once did I open my eyes wide enough, or lend a listening ear long enough, or open up my heart receptively enough to accept what else God had to offer. Once I was ready to accept all that God wanted to give me, He gave it to me. In all those years, He was not going to push His gift on me. He was not going to force me to take His presence. No, I did not spell presence wrong. It is His PRESENCE he wanted me to have. He wanted me to quit pushing Him away. He wanted to be my best friend. He wanted to give me His love and walk with me every step of the way through life on this earth. He wanted to help me by talking to me and showing me how to listen to Him. He wanted me to learn how to make good choices by giving me knowledge, wisdom, guidance, strength, perseverance and everything else that goes along with this friendship. All I had to do was be accepting and willing to turn everyone and everything totally over to Him. I had to let God be 100% in control of it all. It was then that I learned the true meaning of Faith and Trust. God is my best friend. We have such a wonderful relationship and we are so close. Twenty four-seven whether I am walking, sitting, standing or lying down, I know He is right beside me. That is why I ask "AM I GIVING YOU ENOUGH ROOM GOD?" Foolish? Maybe to some people it is. To Me: It's my cup running over. My Christianity. My purpose for living. My salvation. My wanting His will for my life. My faith, hope and trust. Me knowing I am His own. The joy God and I share. The time we tarry. And the certainty this is something None other has ever known. Why? Because it is MY PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. Can anyone have this same kind of relationship? Yes. Everyone can have this same kind. Just not mine. Each person has to have their very own personal relationship. Once a person accepts God's gifts, and willingly enters into a friendship with God it is their very own, like None other will ever know. When christians get to that point in their Christian walk with Christ, the closeness makes it understandable why I ask, "AM I GIVING YOU ENOUGH ROOM GOD?"

No comments:

Post a Comment