WELCOME
I would like to share testimonies about my personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. My Faith and Trust is 100% in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. With Him I am Really Living and Life Is Great.
INTRODUCTION AND PRAYER REQUESTS
Through God's leadership my sister Jan and I started an email outreach. Offering people a connection to family and friends by reaching out with prayer, love and support.
God has blessed the outreach. In 4 years it has grown from 6 to 210 people. Amen.
Anyone wishing to submit a prayer request or receive the outreach is welcome. Please send notification to:
faith_family_friends_outreach@yahoo.com
We are confidential and do not share email addresses.
Thank you and God Bless.
Also, for your reading pleasure you may be interested in visiting Jan's blog:
http://jelainejackson.blogspot.com/
God has blessed the outreach. In 4 years it has grown from 6 to 210 people. Amen.
Anyone wishing to submit a prayer request or receive the outreach is welcome. Please send notification to:
faith_family_friends_outreach@yahoo.com
We are confidential and do not share email addresses.
Thank you and God Bless.
Also, for your reading pleasure you may be interested in visiting Jan's blog:
http://jelainejackson.blogspot.com/
ABOUT ME
AN UN-BLOOMED ROSE
We had a rose bush that was so healthy and green and had just begun producing buds. We were so excited. We just knew we were really going to be able to enjoy the beauty of these roses. Within a matter of days, the weather conditions turned to one of those summer Florida torrential rains. The rain pours out of the sky and with such force and winds that it causes damage. Our new little rosebuds, being young and tender did not stand a chance of survival. The rains beat them off of the bush and knocked them to the ground. After the weather cleared up, the sun came out and the rose bush was fine and healthy as ever. But the rosebuds were not replaceable. When they fell to the ground they were knocked off from their source of nutrients. Their purpose was over.They had to be thrown away as un-bloomed roses.
When I received salvation, but did not know how to have faith and put my trust solely in God, I was like an un-bloomed rose. I failed to have purpose. I was still in existence, but I was not fulfilling God's purpose for my life.
I would try to please family, friends, co-workers, church goers, and everyone else. But, God was who I needed to be pleasing. I was not letting His purpose for my life be the drive behind my deeds. I set myself up for failure as a Christian in every facet of my life. Without me having faith and trust, the powerful driving source of purpose I needed for my life, was not coming from God. My will was being done, not God's.
As time went on, I was beaten off the bush, meaning God's unchanging hand. I was lying on the ground without my source of nutrients. All because I would not let God feed me the wisdom and guidance to be able to fulfill his purpose for my life. I was like an un-bloomed rose that never flourished to full potential. Never extracting the beautiful fragrance. Never being able to benefit myself, nor any one else because I lacked God's purpose.
Unlike, the un-bloomed roses that had to be thrown away because of their inability to survive, we have a choice. We can opt to let God show us his purpose for our lives. We can let Him be the driving force behind His purpose for us. We can let Him give us nutrients of wisdom and guidance. Thus giving us the opportunity in our walk through life on this earth, to bloom in God's beauty and be sweet fragrance to others. I am glad I am no longer an un-bloomed rose. I chose to bloom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment