WELCOME
I would like to share testimonies about my personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. My Faith and Trust is 100% in The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. With Him I am Really Living and Life Is Great.
INTRODUCTION AND PRAYER REQUESTS
Through God's leadership my sister Jan and I started an email outreach. Offering people a connection to family and friends by reaching out with prayer, love and support.
God has blessed the outreach. In 4 years it has grown from 6 to 210 people. Amen.
Anyone wishing to submit a prayer request or receive the outreach is welcome. Please send notification to:
faith_family_friends_outreach@yahoo.com
We are confidential and do not share email addresses.
Thank you and God Bless.
Also, for your reading pleasure you may be interested in visiting Jan's blog:
http://jelainejackson.blogspot.com/
God has blessed the outreach. In 4 years it has grown from 6 to 210 people. Amen.
Anyone wishing to submit a prayer request or receive the outreach is welcome. Please send notification to:
faith_family_friends_outreach@yahoo.com
We are confidential and do not share email addresses.
Thank you and God Bless.
Also, for your reading pleasure you may be interested in visiting Jan's blog:
http://jelainejackson.blogspot.com/
ABOUT ME
WHAT A MIRACULOUS TRANSFORMATION
A REAL SIGHT TO BEHOLD
My husband, Dudley and I are a one pet family. We rescued our first dog from the animal shelter. He loved to run, so it was suspected he somehow got away from his owners and was not able to find his way back.
We had been in search of a family pet for quite some time, but we were working people so there were many factors to consider. We take pet ownership very seriously and we are very committed to the task. We believe pets should be made members of the family.
On this day we went shopping for a pet, we were on a mission. We were definitely coming home with our new family addition. Our son was being released from a long stay in the hospital and we wanted to have a pet there when he arrived.
We had not been residents of this area very long, so we sought advice from family and friends where we might seek a satisfactory pet. Some friends from work suggested we visit the animal shelter.
When we walked into the shelter, I asked, "May we see your small house dogs please." The lady at the counter said, "Well, that is fine, except we only have one." She proceeded to the kennel with my husband on her heels and me trailing behind. When we arrived at the designated location, the shelter worker opened the door to the cage and life as we knew it changed forever. Dudley could not pick that dog up fast enough. The shelter worker asked if we would like to take him outside for a few minutes and get acquainted with him. We agreed that would be a good thing to do. All the while me thinking as I followed along behind Dudley and this dog that we were past getting acquainted. The bond between Dudley and this furry haired fellow had already been set.
Dudley at that time was a man with a very negative attitude. He smiled very little and laughter was nearly unheard of. He was an only child and both of his parents were deceased. He had a long distance relationship with his only child, his teenage daughter, Cindy. Because of the loss and grief, Dudley did not allow himself to get close to anyone or anything. But, on this day, God had other plans.
Seconds after we exited the building, I knew our stay outside was short term. I looked at this 43 year old man with this little dog wrapped in his arms and could see that was not the only wrapping going on. The dog was already wrapped around Dudley's heart and finger. I saw a miraculous transformation take place right before my eyes. The unconditional love, joy, peace and gentleness on the faces of this man and dog were a real sight to behold. I asked Dudley if he wanted the dog. The emotional break through was instantly revealed on Dudley's face, in the big, broad smile from ear to ear.
I have never liked driving. I am one that would rather ride and sight see. Dudley however, was not turning loose of his new found friend so I slid behind the wheel. As the Dad and Dog relationship continued to grow in the passenger seat, I managed to ask what we were going to name him.
I was told that was something I could do.
So immediately in view of what I had just seen, I began contemplating on names. I looked as these two creatures of God who shared feelings of loss and loneliness. Two wonderful beings that so desperately needed each other to help ease the pain they were going through. I realized this miraculous transformation I had just witnessed could not have happened by anyone other than God. So I named our precious little hairy buddy, Zachariah and we called him Zach. It is said the biblical meaning of the name Zachariah is: God remembered.
Zach passed away shortly before his 16th. birthday. And now when I look at his pictures and urn of ashes, I get blessed all over again. I think about how when we ask forgiveness for our sins, become christians and turn our lives over to God---
WHAT A MIRACULOUS TRANSFORMATION
A REAL SIGHT TO BEHOLD
And no matter what we encounter in life on our walk through this earth, God never lets us walk it alone. God remembers us and daily we benefit from His unconditional love, joy, peace and gentleness.
We will always love and miss Zach and when I think of him,
I always think WHAT A GREAT RUN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment